Grant Application and What You’ll Need
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Suzanne & Walter Scott Foundation is focusing its grantmaking on the critical and emergent needs of nonprofit organizations and those they serve. Please review the following FAQs for more information:
The Suzanne & Walter Scott Foundation accepts grant applications by invitation only. Please contact a Program Officer for additional information.
If invited to apply, an application link will be sent. The application includes sections for a comprehensive summary of the organization and a narrative description of the proposed project for which funding is being requested.
We encourage you to review the following information prior to consideration of a funding request:
- Does your organization, project or program match one of the Foundation’s priority funding areas?
- Be prepared to state the following:
- Organization mission statement
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- Project description
- Anticipated impact
- Pertinence to Foundation
- Organizations offering similar or same services
- Partnerships and/or collaborations
- Be prepared to provide the following:
- IRS determination letter
- Requested grant amount and total percentage of project cost being requested
- Detailed project budget
- Detailed timeline
- Committed financial supporters
- Potential funding sources
- Organizational budget
- List of board members
- Most recent audit for grant requests over $10,000 - Prior year’s tax return for grant requests over $10,000
- Other pertinent documents