FAQ’s for Applicants
The application will be unavailable starting December 17, 2018.
Please check back in mid-January 2019 to access the application.
How do I know if my organization is eligible to apply?
- Have a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and must be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service or be a government entity described in section 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Primarily serve Omaha metropolitan area (including Harrison, Mills and Pottawatamie counties in Iowa)
What does the Suzanne & Walter Scott Foundation NOT fund?
- Support to individuals
- Fundraising events, annual sustaining campaigns or endowment funds
- Programs that are fundamental responsibilities of government
- Social or fraternal organizations
- Elementary or secondary schools
- Churches or religious organizations (not to exclude social services organizations with a faith based heritage)
- Sponsorship of athletic teams
- Organizations whose core mission is advocacy
- Organizations heavily engaged in lobbying
- Organizations whose mission and activities are contrary to the free enterprise system that made this Foundation possible
How does my organization apply for a grant?
Requests must be submitted through our online application process. See the Apply section for more information.
Are there deadlines for applying for a grant?
No. The Suzanne & Walter Scott Foundation does not have designated deadlines for applications. It is recommended that grant applications (especially for large capital projects) be submitted 12 months in advance of when the funds are needed.
What information is required on a grant application?
Please review What You’ll Need to apply.
How will I be communicated with regarding my application?
- Throughout the application process we will communicate with you via e-mail. For this reason, it is imperative that you provide a valid email address on your application and check the email account often. Once your application has been received you will receive an email confirmation.
- If there are additional questions regarding your application, you may be contacted by one of our Program Officers.
- Organizations will be notified of the grant request outcome following the Board of Directors meeting.
How can I be assured that my online application was received?
When an online application is submitted to the Foundation, an email is automatically generated acknowledging its receipt.
Who do I contact if I do not receive an email confirmation that my online application has been received?
All online application confirmation emails are sent automatically through the online application software. Please check your spam email or junk email to make sure the notification was not blocked. If you did not receive a confirmation email, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this email address to your approved senders list to ensure you receive emails regarding your grant requests.
When will I receive a response to my application?
Organizations will be notified of the grant request outcome following Board of Directors meetings. We make every effort to make this communication occur in a timely manner following the meetings. We appreciate your patience and understanding.